Fun games to make your baby shower memorable
So you want to host a baby shower but you are clueless about the entertainment part? We have just the right ideas for you!
A baby shower in Singapore is not complete without the Games, the FUN part. This segment goes a long way in making the baby shower truly memorable. Here are some of the most popular baby shower games. You can always customise them depending on your preference.
1. Guess the size of mama's belly: As the name suggests, the main aim of this game is for all the guests to guess the size of the baby bump. All you need is a spool of ribbon or a roll of yarn. Ask each guest to cut a piece of the ribbon in the amount that they think is the size of the mama's belly. After all of them have cut, ask each one to measure it against her belly. The one whose length comes closest to the size of the belly is the winner!
2. Notes on the diaper: This is really simple and makes for the best of memories. Pass diapers and markers amongst all guests and have them write a fun and witty message. Once everyone is done, you can read out the messages. The one with the wackiest message can be declared the winner if you need to choose one. Rest assured this game will guarantee a few laughs for the new parents while they are on diaper duty.
3. Guess the price of the baby item: Gather a few baby items and place them on the tray without their price tags. Call each guest and ask them to guess the price (approximate) of each item. The one who comes closest to the actual total price is the winner.
4. Guess the baby food: Place baby food (vegetable/fruit purees) in ten to twelve jars. Do not provide any labels or other clues. Ask each guest to start tasting the content in the jars and guess the baby food. The one with the most accurate sense of taste is the winner of course!
5. Baby Word Scramble: Make a scramble of different letters of various baby items. The guests have to unscramble them and identify the items. Set a timer for maximum impact. The one who gets maximum items within the stipulated time is the winner.
6. Bottle Chugging/Bottoms-Up: This drinking game is bound to have everyone in splits and works best if there is a large crowd. Fill baby bottles with a popular drink and have the guests compete to finish the same. Whoever drinks up the entire bottle first wins the game.
7. Name the baby animal: Create a list of animals and their young ones. Then jumble them up. Get the guests to match the animal to its correct baby.
8. Don't say baby: This one is not easy, mind you. When the guests arrive tell them that they cannot use the word 'baby' till the mom-to-be cuts the cake. The one who makes the maximum mistakes has to do a fun activity as suggested by the momma.
9. Guess what is in the bag: Arrange ten to fifteen brown paper bags with baby items inside. Pin the corresponding letter of the baby item on the bag. For example: T for Teething Ring. Ask the guests to guess the items. The one who gets maximum answers correct is the winner.
10. Baby song/baby tune: Music with a twist! Play the instrumental version of popular lullabies and other baby songs. The guest who can guess the maximum number of songs is the winner and he/she has to sing aloud the original version!
Keep the event simple and fun for all. Make the parents-to-be feel truly special. After all, these are the memories that will last a lifetime.
Loved this article?
Still got questions?
We're here to help! Book a online consultation with our Experts
Join 1 Million+ families who
love KinderPass 🎉
Get a personalized daily curriculum of over 1200 skill building activities
Book live consultations with child experts
Track growth, development milestones and identify red flags
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive weekly advice and guidance on child development in your inbox