Disposable Wipes Buying Guide
Soft, disposable wipes make cleaning your baby easier.
What to Consider
The most important factor considering some babies respond badly certain brands of wipes due their texture, formulation, or thickness. If your baby develops a rash, switch to a different brand.
Thicker wipes are good for cleaning up baby poop as they tear less easily and absorb more.
Hypoallergenic wipes do not cause irritation and are perfect for babies with sensitive skin or eczema (ie. Gaia).
Decoding the Product Label
- Sulfates (SLS, SLES)
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) are approved for use, but some parents believe they have adverse health effects and prefer more natural products. According to the American Cancer Association, there is no evidence of SLS/SLES being a carcinogen.
- Parabens artificial preservative. which contain properties similar to the female hormone estrogen. Although some issues have been found on animals, parabens have not been known to affect humans.
- Alcohol is often harsh and drying, and can cause irritation. Make sure to buy disposable wipes which do not contain alcohol.
|Popular brands||Watsons||Kodomo||Pampers||Pigeon||Johnsons & Johnsons||NUK||Huggies||MamyPoko||Bumboosa||Gaia|
|Model||Baby Wipes||Refreshing Baby Wipes||Sensitive Wipes||Baby Wipes||Messy Times Wipes||Baby wipes||Gentle Care Baby Wipes||Gentle Cleansing Wipes||Baby Wipes||Natural Bamboo Baby Wipes|
|Features||enriched with aloe vera extract||pH balanced||Sensitive texture, thicker, tested by dermatologists||Extra soft, 99% pure water||Tear free, can be used around the eyes||Extra thick and strong||Dermatologically tested and pH balanced, enriched with aloe vera and vitamin E||soft cottony material, antibacterial||made from biodegradable 100% viscose from bamboo||organic biodegradable bamboo cloth|
|Free from||alcohol||parabens, alcohol, soap||-||parabens, alcohol||alcohol||-||soap, alcohol, parabens||alcohol||parabens, pthlatates, sulfates, alcohol||soap, Sulphates, Petrochemicals, Lanolin, mineral oils, Paraben preservatives, Propylene Glycol|
|Hypoallergenic||no||no||yes||no||no||no||no||no||yes||yes, and eczema friendly|
|Fragrance free||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||only natural oils||yes|
|Country of Manufacture||Unspecified||Taiwan||USA||Thailand||Taiwan||varies||varies||Taiwan||China||Australia|
|Price (SGD)||2 (70 sheets)||3 (70 sheets)||4.6 (56 sheets)||3.60 (60 sheets)||4.5 (80 sheets)||4 (80 sheets)||4.1 (80 sheets)||3.10 (80 sheets)||7 (80 sheets)||13 (80 Sheets)|
|where to buy||Watsons||Fair Price||Fair Price||Cold Storage||Fair Price||Lazada||Agape Babies||Watsons||Fairprice||Fairprice|
- The amount of wipes you need depends on how many changes your baby needs. You usually require 2-5 diapers per change.
- Qoo10, Lazada, and Giant sell bulk packages of disposable wipes at a lower cost. Watsons offers large discounts. If you know which wipes your baby prefers, stocking up when wipes are on the promotion can save lots of time and money.
- Disposable wipes can be used to clean up spilled food, high chair messes, or even crayon stains
- Buy small packs when first using wipes to see if they work well for your baby, make sure to check for any rashes or irritation.
- Put smaller packs of baby wipes in your diaper bag to use on the go.
Loved this article?
Still got questions?
We're here to help! Book a online consultation with our Experts
Join 1 Million+ families who
love KinderPass 🎉
Get a personalized daily curriculum of over 1200 skill building activities
Book live consultations with child experts
Track growth, development milestones and identify red flags
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive weekly advice and guidance on child development in your inbox