Baby Cot Buying Guide
A durable baby cot is a good bedding option for fast-growing babies as it can last up to 3-5 years.
What to consider
- Compliance with safety standards: Non-negotiable
- Material and finish: Non-toxic, rounded edges, space between bars <6 cm
- Adjustable height and base- should grow with baby: Top feature to ensure you get highest value for money
- Measurement: Don't rely on judgement - Use the measuring tape to make sure it doesn’t get stuck in the doorway
- Storage space/ Wheels: Bonus features that make life easier
|Popular brands||IKEA||MOTHERCARE||BABY ONE||COMBELLE||LUCKY BABY||BABY DREAM|
|Safety standards||EN 716-1 and CPSA 0023||AS/NZS Safety Standard||EN 716 – 1 & PEFC certification||EUROPEAN SAFETY STANDARD EN 176||AS/NZS Safety Standard|
|Material and finish||Honeycomb structure recycled paper filling, Solid beech, Fibreboard, Particleboard, Acrylic paint, ABS plastic||Wood, Protective teething rails|
69% Pine 15% LVL, 16% MDF
slatted bed-base with curved outlines made in multiplex plywood board; Made in France
|Adjustable or not||Yes, 2 heights||Yes, 3 heights, fixed sides, upto 4 yrs||Yes. 2 heights, upto 40 kg||Height adjustable upto 4 positions,|
0-4 years; 3 removable bars (only by adult)
|3 stages, upto 20 kg, drop side||2 adjustable height; upto 40 kg|
|Dimensions||120x60||L144 x D75 x H93cm||54" × 30" × 46"||L120 x W 60 x H 90||125cm x 66cm x 98cm||128x70x107|
|Additional features- Storage space, Wheels||Storage space||With waterproof mattress||4 castor wheels||Swivel casters with brakes, with mattress||4 wheels||4 wheels, with mattress|
|Tip||Buy during Jan sale! Or Dec pre-sale||Combination with Candide mattress||Buy with mattress to get a better deal||Combination with latex mattress & bedding set|
|Where to buy||IKEA||Mothercare||Spring Maternity||Pupsik Studio||BabyOnline||Baby Kingdom|
- It's incredibly easy to get carried away with cute cribs and beautiful baskets but reality check- they are good for only a few precious months! Go for durability.
- If in doubt, buy second hand- Considering many babies refuse to sleep in the cot, this may be a more cost-effective way to find out. Do replace mattress for hygiene reasons!
- Most folks would rather buy this item after "touching-feeling" -go to a baby hyper store or baby fair or make a trip to the showroom.
Loved this article?
Still got questions?
We're here to help! Book a FREE consultation with our Experts
Join 1 Million+ families who
love KinderPass 🎉
Get a personalized daily curriculum of over 1200 skill building activities
Book live consultations with child experts
Track growth, development milestones and identify red flags
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive weekly advice and guidance on child development in your inbox