High Chair Buying Guide
Is your little one ready to start joining you in the dinner table? Look through our buying to find out what high chair you should buy.
What to Consider
- Style: High chairs are perfect for home. Booster seats are easy to use and travel with.
- Versatility: Adjustable seats are perfect for providing support for your growing baby
- Ease of Cleaning: Detachable trays are easy to clean and useful for feeding your baby. Easy to clean, washable material is essential when your baby spills
- Safety: Safety restraints (a 3 or 5 point harness) are essential to prevent your baby from falling or climbing out of your high chair. Make sure to check for safety certification.
- Comfort: Padded seats make feeding time comfortable for your baby. A footrest offers great support for your baby and is useful as they grow.
- Space: If you don't have much space, make sure to buy a foldable chair for storage and check dimensions to make sure your high chair fits into your dining area
- Portability: If you need to move your high chair from the kitchen to the dining area or storage, opt for a foldable chair or one with wheels.
- Ease of Use: Before buying a high chair, check that it's easy for you to strap your baby in. Make sure your baby cannot unclasp the buckles themselves!
|Popular brands||IKEA||Munchkin||Fisher Price||Mothercare||Graco||Chicco||Ingenuity 3-in-1||Phils & Teds||Oxo Tot||Combi||Stokke||Baby Bjorn|
|Model||Antilop||Travel Booster Seat||Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat||Fruit Salad Highchair||Tea Time||Pocket Lunch High Chair||3-in-1 SmartClean High Chair||Poppy High Chair||Seedling||Dreamy High Chair||Tripp Trapp||High Chair|
|Style||Infant high-chair||Booster seat||Booster seat||Infant high chair||Infant high-chair||Infant high chair||High chair/booster seat||Infant high chair||Infant high-chair||Infant high chair||Growing chair||Infant high-chair|
|Suitable for (age/height/weight)||Unspecified||1-3 years/15kg||Up to 23kg||6 months - 2 years||6 months - 2 years||Up to 50kg||Up to 23kg||6 months - 5 years||4 months - 3 years||0 months - 2 years / 18 kg||Birth to adulthood (Inserts for newborn and baby sold separately)||6 months - 3 years / 95cm|
|Adjustable||No||N/A||N/A||No||No||Yes, height and recline||Becomes seat, booster seat, and high chair||Converts from high chair into toddler chair||Yes, height and recline||Adjustable recline & bed mode||Yes||No|
|Detachable tray||Sold separately (5SGD)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Sold separately (70SGD)||Yes|
|Safety Restraint||Yes (lap belt)||Yes (lap belt)||Yes (lap belt)||Yes (5 point)||Yes (5 point)Yes||Yes (5 point)||Yes (5 point)||Yes (5 point)||Yes (5 point)||Yes (5 point)||Sold with baby insert (170SGD)||No - tray acts as a leg restraint|
|Padded seat||Sold separately (10SGD)||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Soft aerocore seat||Yes||Yes||Sold separately (86SGD)||No|
|Material||Plastic||Lightweight fabric||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic, Metal, Polyester Cushion Material||Plastic||Beech wood||Plastic & steel|
|Cleaning||Wipe down||Wipe down||Wipe down||Wipe down||Wipe clean, wash cushion||Wipe down, machine wash cover||Dishwasher safe, wipe down||Dishwasher safe tray, wipe down||Machine washable cushion, dishwasher safe tray, wipe down||Machine washable cushion, wipe down||Wipe down||Wipe down|
|Dimensions (cm)||Width: 58|
Seat height: 55
Width (folded): 25
|Where to buy||IKEA||Pupsik||Pupsik||Mothercare||Little Baby SG||Lazada||Little Baby||Motherswork||Little baby||Baby Kingdom||Mothercare||Pupsik|
- Make sure your high chair can't be tipped over by your baby's weight or pushes
- Never leave your baby unattended in a high chair
- Make sure the safety straps are on securely
- Don't place your high chair near a counter or table, your baby may use their hands to tip the chair over
Loved this article?
Still got questions?
We're here to help! Book a online consultation with our Experts
Join 1 Million+ families who
love KinderPass 🎉
Get a personalized daily curriculum of over 1200 skill building activities
Book live consultations with child experts
Track growth, development milestones and identify red flags
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive weekly advice and guidance on child development in your inbox