Buying Guide for Baby Eczema Creams
What to Consider
- Treatment: Try different eczema based skin products to determine which is best suited for your baby's skin type.
- Formula: Consider using fragrance-free cream containing ceramides or ointment such as petroleum jelly that help your baby's skin retain its natural moisture.
- Presence of Steroids: Consider using steroid-free creams on your baby's skin. The side-effects of steroids is the thinning of the skin, possible allergic reaction, and slowing of linear growth.
- Severity: Cradle cap or atopic dermatitis is the most common form of eczema in infants, where the skin becomes itchy, reddish, and inflamed. The condition can become severe due to constant scratching, that breaks the skin and makes it susceptible to infections. This may require intensive treatment.
|Popular brands||Eucerin||Aveeno||Buds Organics||Babyganics||Trukid Trubaby|
|Model||Eczema Relief, Body Crème||Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream||Super Soothing Rescue Lotion||Eczema Care Cream||Eczema cream|
|Quantity||148 ml||150 ml||150 ml||85 ml||118 ml|
|Active Ingredients||Oatmeal, Ceramide-3, and Licochalcone enriched formula||Oatmeal cream||Shiso Extract, Aloe Vera, Spent Grain Wax, Olive Leaf Extract, Fructan, prebiotic Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide||Colloidal oatmeal and 100% natural NeoNourish(R) Seed Oil Blend||Allantoin, Aloe, Cocoa butter, Jojoba and Ceramide enriched formula|
|Fragrance and Dye Free||Yes||Yes||NA||Yes||Yes|
|Severity Level||Mild to Moderate skin||NA||Sensitive skin||NA||Sensitive, reactive skin|
|Price||SGD 8.66||SGD 17.78||SGD 64.80||SGD 16.90||SGD 24.30|
|Where to buy||http://www/iherb.com||http://www.lazada.sg||http://www.pupsikstudio.com||http://www.mothercare.com.sg||http://www.agapebabies.com/|
- The bathing routine has a considerable impact on the baby's skin that is affected by eczema. Bathe your baby in lukewarm water for a short duration. Very warm water can dry-out the skin quickly.
- Limit the use of products with additives such as soaps that can cause skin conditions to flare up.
- Moisturize your baby's skin immediately after a bath to seal the moisture. Make sure that the lotion has been completely absorbed in the skin before dressing your baby.
- Avoid using baby products that contain chemical preservatives and artificial fragrance including anti-bacterial soaps. These can cause distress and discomfort to your baby if they suffer from eczema.
- Gently pat the baby's skin dry. Do not rub since this can aggravate the condition.
- Limit the use of soap to private parts, hands, and feet since they accumulate dirt quickly. Rinse the rest of the areas with water.
- Trim your baby's nails to prevent him or her from scratching and spreading the infection. Scratch mittens are a good option.
- Allergens in your diet while you are breastfeeding can also trigger eczema in your baby. Try removing common allergens from your diet to see if your baby's eczema improves.
Loved this article?
Still got questions?
We're here to help! Book a FREE consultation with our Experts
Join 1 Million+ families who
love KinderPass 🎉
Get a personalized daily curriculum of over 1200 skill building activities
Book live consultations with child experts
Track growth, development milestones and identify red flags
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive weekly advice and guidance on child development in your inbox