Health & Wellness Child Developement
Activity: Hand Wash Superstar
Washing hands has always been important but with an ongoing pandemic, hand washing has become much more than a necessity, it’s life-saving. People of all ages, young and old are constantly being reminded about the importance of washing hands. And while adults might just need a reminder, little ones need some guidance to learn the correct way of washing hands. Good hygiene can become a lifelong healthy habit if taught at an early age.
To spread awareness, we have a video for your child, created by a child, on how they can be a Hand Wash Superstar just like the kid in the video, Rohan! Allow your child to take their own time to go through the video, which has demonstrated steps alongside a catchy song to make hand washing more memorable for every time they do it.
Things You Will Need
- Running Water
- Clean Towel
While you follow the activity, ensure you focus on
- Language Skills: tVocabulary (Soap, Wash, Clean, Hand, Finger, Wrist, Thumb)
Repeating and Reciting
- Number Skills: tCounting while washing hands
- Life Skills: ttPersonal Hygiene, Self-Awareness and Social-Awareness
Following a sequence, and instructions
- Fine-Motor Skills: tRubbing, Scrubbing Palms
Let's get started :)
Below is a list of resources, to help you conduct the activity with ease!
- The Activity Video: Watch & follow along :)
Let your child watch and learn from this video. A little repetition and a song to go along can help your child remember the method better.
- Hand Washing Technique Flashcards: Practice each step, using this flashcard format!
- The Rhyme (Audio File): For your child to sing along and follow, as they wash their hands.
- Log Sheet Printable - Boy
- Log Sheet Printable - Girl
Practice every day! Use these log-charts that double up as rewards for your child.
Put these up near the washbasin to promote hand washing.