Activity: Photo Book Champ
Photographs are not only great for reliving memories but can also act as visual guides for children. This activity puts together photographs and art in a creative and fun way as we create a family and friends picture book! This will help your children map their relationships with the people they meet and know.
What’s more, this is a great keepsake for when they get older :)
Things You Will Need
- Blank notebook/Construction paper
- Pair of scissors
- Family & friends’ photographs
While you follow the activity, ensure you focus on
- Language Skills: Family and relationship name ( mother, father, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, grandpa, grandma, etc)
- Fine Motor: Cutting, pasting, picking, pressing
- Social Skills: Healthy relationship, mutual learning.
- Life skills: Concentration and focus
- Cognitive skills: Strategy building, relationship, and name mapping
Let’s Get Started :)
Below is a list of resources, to help you conduct the activity with ease!
- Activity Video
Watch and follow along!
Activity Adaptation & Variations
For children with low vision
Use a high contrast background.
For children with blindness
Tactile images for each person with associate objects. For example, Mother is wearing saree or Sister use spectacles.
Let your child get creative in making their picture book. They can add a unique touch with the details they want to add. Such a fun and precious memory to look back on years down the line.
Loved this article?
Still got questions?
We're here to help! Book a FREE consultation with our Experts
Join 1 Million+ families who
love KinderPass 🎉
Get a personalized daily curriculum of over 1200 skill building activities
Book live consultations with child experts
Track growth, development milestones and identify red flags
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive weekly advice and guidance on child development in your inbox